The Shimano Altus M310 is an affordable but high performing rear derailleur which ideally fits a 7 or 8 speed drivetrain.
1. Less Noise and Wear
- Oversize 13/15-tooth tension and guide pulleys to reduce noise and wear
- More ground clearance
2. Wide Gear Choice
- For use with 28 to 34 tooth low rear sprockets, total capacity 43 teeth
- IG and HG chain, 7 or 8 speed compatible
3. Light Action Operation
- Extension spring and low-friction fluorine-coated link pivot bushing result in a light shifting action
- Available in 2 colors
- Top normal spring for use with rapidfire shifters
- Direct-attach rear derailleurs
- Made of high quality aluminum alloy
- Cassette spacing: Shimano/SRAM 8
- Chain wrap capacity (teeth): 43 teeth
- Pulley: 13t upper and 15t lower
- Largest cog (teeth): 34 teeth
- Weight (g): 326 g
- Package includes:
- Shimano RD-M310 Rear Derailleur x 1
(Other accessories are not included)
Installed my Shimano Altus RDM310 and it works GREAT with the Shimano Mega Range freewheel. A noticeable improvement from the stock Shimano Tourney that came with the bike.
Works better than I was expecting.
I purchased this new derailleur to replace an older version of an Altus derailleur that had been damaged during an accident on this 21 speed mountain bike a while ago. After bending the derailleur mounting lug on the bike's frame back into it's correct position, this derailleur fit and performed perfectly. This newer model appears to be better constructed and is lighter than the old one. Instead of a longer cage this derailleur has larger cogs that save some length. The cable connection works like a charm and after minor tension adjustment this derailleur operates smoothly and accurately.
Good replacement for old unit!, Easy to fit and worked perfectly
excellent very smooth running over the moon should have replaced sooner :o) great service and value